Stowe Recreation Path
The Stowe Recreation Path is an internationally recognized greenway stretching from Stowe Village to Top Notch Resort on the Mountain Road. Residents and guests alike enjoy the 5.3 mile paved trail as it criss-crosses the West Branch of Little River. Breath-taking mountain views and access to restaurants, lodges and local businesses make the bike path one of the most popular recreation assets in Stowe.
In 2010, Friends of Rec Path Grooming and several community members presented a proposal to the Select-board asking to have the path groomed during the winter. In 2011, following the efforts of the community, Stowe Town purchased the equipment needed to maintain the path during the cold months and opened it up for all-season use. Now, the path is open to walkers, runners, bikers, snowshoers, cross country skiers and roller bladers. During the winter, GMTA’s free winter shuttle provides transportation along the mountain road if you’re looking for a one-way trip!
In the spring of 2017, Bike maintenance stations at the Lintilhac Park and Chase Park were installed. Bike maintenance stations include all the tools necessary to perform basic bike repairs and maintenance, from changing a flat to adjusting brakes and derailleurs. Hanging the bike from the hanger arms allows the pedals and wheels to spin freely while making adjustments.
Visit gostowe.com for bike rental information.
Recreation Path Parking and Access Points:
- Lintilhac Park- behind the Stowe Community Church on Main Street in Stowe Village.
- Chase Park- across from Stony Brook Condominiums on Luce Hill Rd just off the intersection of Rte. 108.
- Thompson Park- off Rte. 108 across from the Percy Farm Corn Maze.
- Topnotch Access- off Brook Road, just past Topnotch Resort on Rte. 108.
Stowe Recreation Path Rules:
- No motorized vehicles.
- Traffic rules and signs must be obeyed.
- Yield to all pedestrians, joggers and children.
- Bikes must be walked across intersections.
- No overnight parking/camping.
- No horses.
- When passing, call out early and clearly.
- Dogs must be leashed. Owners must clean up after your pet.
- Always keep right, except to pass.
- No vending in parking lots or on path.
- No jumping from bridges.
MAINTAIN A SAFE SPEED AT ALL TIMES!