Sunset Rock is a small, scenic park located in the heart of Stowe’s historic village. The best way to visit is on foot by route of the Sunset Trail from Stowe Village. The trail begins at the end of Sunset Street and takes less than an hour to complete round trip. The gradual hike makes it perfect for those looking for a mellow walk through the woods. Plus, about 100 yards up the trail, walkers can enjoy a beautiful view of Main Street with a forested backdrop.
Alternately, you may access Sunset Rock by driving to the parking lot off Tabor Hill road and walking to the summit to enjoy the park and panoramic views. For accessibility accommodations (such as driving to the summit) please contact the Recreation Office during business hours. Sunset Trail visitor parking is prohibited on Sunset Street.
Rules for Sunset Rock:
- The park at Sunset Rock is for low impact activities only. No motorized vehicles, fires, horses, hunting or trapping.
- Camping is prohibited. Sunset Rock is for day use only and is open from dawn to dusk.
- Social, education and recreation gatherings are permitted, any function with more than 25 persons requires approval from the town.
- There are no trash receptacles, please carry out all garbage.
- Dogs must be under voice control or on a leash.