In 2010, Friends of Rec Path Grooming and several community members presented a proposal to the Selectboard asking to have the path groomed during the winter. In 2011, following the efforts of the community, Stowe Town purchased the equipment needed to maintain the path during the cold months and opened it up for all-season use. Now, the path is open to walkers, runners, bikers, snowshoers, cross country skiers and roller bladers. During the winter, GMTA's free winter shuttle provides transportation along the mountain road if you're looking for a one-way trip!
Recreation Path Parking and Access Points:
Lintilhac Park- behind the Stowe Community Church on Main Street in Stowe Village.
Chase Park- across from Stony Brook Condominiums on Luce Hill Rd just off the intersection of Rte. 108.
Thompson Park- off Rte. 108 across from the Percy Farm Corn Maze.
Topnotch Access- off Brook Road, just past Topnotch Resort on Rte. 108.
Stowe Recreation Path Rules:
1. No motorized vehicles.
2. Traffic rules and signs must be obeyed.
3. Yeild to all pedestrians, joggers and chilren.
4. Bikes must be walked across intersections.
5. No overnight parking/camping.
6. No horses.
7. When passing, call out earily and clearly.
8. Dogs must be leashed. Owners must clean up after your pet.
9. Always keep right, except to pass.
10. No vending in parking lots or on path.
11. No jumping from bridges.
MAINTAIN A SAFE SPEED AT ALL TIMES!