As you continue along the trail, don't miss the kettle hole, a unique geographical feature near Sunset Rock. As you finish your walk to the summit, you are rewarded with a beautiful park, sweeping views of the Green Mountains and an outlook into Stowe Valley.
Alternately, you may access Sunset Rock by driving to the parking lot off Tabor Hill road and walking to the summit to enjoy the park and panoramic views. Mobility impaired persons are permitted to drive and park at the summit. All others are expected to walk to the park. Sunset Trail visitor parking is prohibited on Sunset Street.
RULES FOR SUNSET ROCK:
1. The park at Sunset Rock is for low impact activities only. No motorized vehicles, fires, horses, hunting or trapping.
2. Camping is prohibited. Sunset Rock is for day use only and is open from dawn to dusk.
3. Social, education and recreation gatherings are permitted, any function with more than 25 persons requires approval from the town.
4. There are no trash recepticals, please carry out all garbage.
5. Dogs must be under voice control or on a leash.